ARM Membership Benefits
Anyone with an interest in railways is invited to apply for membership in the Arizona Railway Museum. The tasks of
building a museum, keeping it operating and presenting it to the public are many. The
Museum depends upon the
volunteer efforts of its members and friends to finish the projects underway at the
Museum and to prepare other cars for
display. Museum Members will be pleased to discuss their work with you and answer your questions.
Below is a list of benefits provided to all paid Members.
1. Subscription to the Museum newsletter, The Chandler Branch. Published 4 times (more or less) per year.
2. Access to the Museum Equipment and Artifacts for the purpose of research.
3. Full voting rights (one vote for Family and Corporate memberships) on any item requiring the approval of the General Membership.
4. Opportunity to participate in events that use the Museum equipment.
5. Invitation to the Museum's annual Membership meeting.
The Museum holds "Work Parties" almost every Saturday morning from 8am-Noon. Some projects are "Team" oriented, such as restoration of a passenger car, and other projects are suited to a single volunteer. Your level of involvement and expertise can be accommodated with a suitable project.
Also consider volunteering to become a Docent. Docents greet visitors, answer questions, and promote enthusiasm about trains and railroad history. It is a great way to meet other members and learn about interesting projects at the museum. You do not have to have extensive knowledge about trains to be a Docent (new Docents are pared with "Pros").